Following the call of Victorian Bishops, Catholic Social Services Victoria has developed a resource kit for parishes in order to help them better respond to domestic and family violence.
Resource kits are being distributed to every parish in Victoria, plus leading social services organisations. The kits include the following content, which can also be downloaded here:
- Introduction Letter
- Statement by Bishops of Victoria
- ‘Fast Facts‘ about victims of violence
- A guide for women experiencing violence
- A guide for men experiencing violence
- A guide for people seeking to change behaviour
- A guide for family, friends, workmates to support someone who is being abused
- A prayer to end domestic violence
- Emergency services and referrals that can help
The following items are for distribution and display:
- Overview of Catholic community response to domestic violence
- A4 Poster (3 copies) Note: This poster has been updated in 2021. Download updated poster.
For more information, please email Catholic Social Services or call 03 9287 5566.