Are you passionate about using your talents to support the building of a more just and compassionate society?
CSSV is seeking an Engagement and Projects Lead. This is a key role within an organisation that is agile, responsive and dedicated to working for positive change. This position will bring energy and focus to our committees by providing timely secretariat support and co-opting working parties for specific projects. This role holds responsibility for the development and enactment of Catholic Social Services Victoria’s (CSSV) communication strategy and systems across our network of members and their staff and volunteers, and target communication with the broader sector and public.
This role will organise consultations, draft plans and content and manage timely delivery of discrete projects that engage with and deliver shared value for our member organisations and other key stakeholders.
- Uphold and promote CSSV’s Mission.
- Enjoy working with a small but energetic team, be self-motivated and be able to take responsibility, initiative and instruction.
- Be committed to both the inherent value of building authentic relationships, collaboration and community, as well as ensuring these relationships lead to productive work for positive change.
- Be fluent with technological systems (e.g. CRMs) that allow a small team to have impact and engage a broad audience for events and topics that matter.
- Always be looking for ways of working and systems/programs/tools that enhance cut through and simultaneously deepen personal relationships
- Drive and consult on projects and other initiatives of importance, working with committees and working groups to draft and consult, taking initiative and ownership as needed.
- Enjoy the Catholic tradition and working with a wide variety of faith communities, social work sector and other organisations for the common good
- Work with the rest of the CSSV team in preparing and enacting strategic and operational plans.
- Assist the Executive Director in work related to policy and social change, including organising a range of ad hoc, periodic and ongoing forums, meetings and events with member organisations (and others) which provide for the raising and discussing of issues of social importance, the professional and spiritual formation of staff, and generally progress areas of prioritised work
- Represent CSSV in a range of forums, at a range of levels, as required
We are looking for:
- Understanding and interest in current issues related to social service, justice and equity
- Be able to write in a variety of styles: formal reports, website and social media copy, media releases, briefings, minutes
- Comfortable with addressing groups and capable of designing and delivering consultations, workshops and events – including annotated agendas and background notes
- Strong technical communication skills (including competency with mailchimp or similar CRM, WordPress etc.) and willingness to experiment and learn with emerging useful tools
- Ability to humbly support strong networks within Catholic social service agencies and maintain working relationships with the broader sector and other relevant parties
- Understanding of Catholic social teaching and a strong commitment to social justice and the mission and teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Sound knowledge of social and strategic planning, and community development approaches and practice.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities; to work independently and to take the initiative in achieving agency objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member, including working collaboratively to develop and deliver joint projects, achieve change and influence outcomes.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Apply by submitting your application here. Applications close 28 July, but we will be assessing applications as they come in, so please apply without delay!
Please submit a cover letter and a document covering the key selection criteria along with a current resume.
Contact the Executive Director, Josh Lourensz via or 9287 5566 for further information/discussion about this position.
Employment with CSSV is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Reference Checks. To be successful in this role you must hold valid working rights in Australia