As a part of Pastoral/Spiritual Care Week 2021, Spirituality and Disability digs deep into the vital role of pastoral care. The symposium is brought to you by St John of God Accord, a major provider of services and accommodation to people living with a disability and Catholic Social Services Victoria.
Building holistic approaches to care …
Pastoral care forms an important part of a holistic approach to accompanying people who face significant life challenges.
- Very little attention is paid to the spiritual needs of people with disability – despite this being a vitally important aspect of the lives and wellbeing of many people
This symposium will explore the role and impact of pastoral care to promote and advance recognition of the inherent dignity of people living with a disability.
- Join an expert panel to explore how pastoral care beneficially informs the provision of a range of services for people with disability – as well as how this approach can potentially inspire the broader health and community services community in new and unexpected ways.
Guest Speakers include:
- Winsome Clark – expert researcher with University of Divinity and psychologist (pastoral care to clients with intellectual disability and their carers).
- Lisa Evans – CEO, St John of God Accord
- Josh Lourencz – Executive Director, Catholic Social Services Victoria.