Are you passionate about using your talents to support the building of a more just and compassionate society?
Catholic Social Services Victoria (CSSV) is seeking a motivated and dedicated Office Coordinator to work four days a week as part of a small team that is committed to working collaboratively for positive societal change. CSSV is the peak body for 43 member organisations, and works closely with our members, parishes, the Bishops of Victoria and the broader community sector to fulfil the Gospel imperative to stand with and serve the poor.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Coordinator’s position is a key support role which keeps the engine room of our organisation running smoothly. The Office Coordinator is the first port of call who helps achieve outcomes through providing administrative, communications and executive support.
We are a resourceful and flexible organisation that focuses on using the complementary strengths of our team members and supportive network to be responsive and strategic in the range of activities that we think will have positive impact and policy cut through, as well as being willing to simply stand up and promote issues and ideas that correspond with our Mission.
The nature of our work and this role means that at times you may be required to assist at events on weekends or out of standard business hours.
In this role you will:
- Uphold and promote CSSV’s Mission
- Be flexible and able to adjust work flow in a sometimes fast-paced environment, able to balance routine tasks with responsive activity;
- Provide administrative support to the CSSV Secretariat in regards to CSSV Council, Committee and Working Group meetings;
- Provide administrative support regarding communications, programs, projects and other initiatives of importance. E.g. posting on social media, updating databases of key contacts, updating the CSSV website, drafting newsletter items and formulating event schedules and plans;
- Provide administrative support for CSSV forums and events which provide for the raising and discussing of issues of social importance and the professional and spiritual formation of our member organisation’s staff;
- Provide secretarial support, including drafting minutes and other tasks for various committees and working groups;
- Prepare invoices and accounts and keep financial records;
- Manage the diary of the Executive Director and provide day to day administrative support and hospitality for their appointments and meetings;
- Liaise with the offices of Members of Parliament, Government Departments, the offices of the CEOs of our member organisations and the offices of the Bishops of Victoria;
- Enjoy being the friendly first port of call to the organisation: for in-person visitors and those contacting us via phone, email and mail;
- Enjoy working in a small, dedicated team — at home/remotely and in our office in East Melbourne
If you are committed to supporting work for positive change, are a strong administrator with great communication & organisational skills; and have experience working with and supporting a small team then this part time opportunity may be right for you.
Applications and Further Information
- Applications are to be sent to Cathy Dillon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit a cover letter and a statement addressing the skills and attributes of the role along with your CV.
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in a relevant discipline will be viewed positively but is not essential.
- Applicants must be able to provide a certificate confirming double COVID vaccination status and maintain COVID vaccination boosters as required.
- Further information about Catholic Social Services Victoria is available at www.css.org.au. Contact Josh Lourensz via email or on 0402932281 for further information or discussion about this position.
Please note: The Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne is committed to the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and vulnerable adults. It is a requirement across our organisation that all clergy, employees and volunteers have a valid Police and Working with Children Check.
We will be commencing interviews with candidates as soon as suitable applications are received, so we look forward to receiving your application.