Mt Atkinson Community, located in Truganina, in Melbourne’s west, hosts a weekly adult art group on Mondays, 10am-12.30pm for locals. The art group, which is welcoming of all abilities, and offers a diverse forms of art, is followed by a social lunch from 12.30pm-1pm. The group is looking for a committed volunteer who could assist in the running and facilitation of this group.
About the art group
The art group aims to provide a space to share time together through conversation. Being amongst a group of people, sharing time and presence, is considered just as important as the art.
There is a variety of art forms that are experienced and learnt about which is often taught by fellow group members. The specific tools to support learning about the various art mediums is provided by Edmund Rice Services Mt Atkinson.
What’s needed from the volunteer?
- help the group with setting up for the program and packing away at the conclusion. The art group gathers each Monday, 10am – 12:30pm, followed by a social lunch 12:30 to 1pm so the volunteer needs to be from around 9.30am /9.45am depending on the day’s art.
- Be supportive and present amongst the group of attendees.
- Be conscious of supporting extra needs that group members might have.
- Ensure new group members are welcomed into the group.
- Ensure the group maintains a dynamic where all participants are valued, welcome and encouraged.
- Can commit to weekly attendance to foster relationship building.
Follow Mt Atkinson Art Group on Facebook.