More than 200 participants from across Australia attended the 2018 Catholic social services national conference, Hearing Healing Hope, from Wednesday 21 February to Friday 23 February, at the Catholic Leadership Centre, in East Melbourne. The conference brought together Catholic social service agencies from all over Australia, including some representatives from the health, education and business sector. It focussed on the Church’s delivery of social services, looking at the implications for us as individuals, for our Church organisations and for our Catholic sector, parishes in particular.
- Joe Zabar on economics for a flourishing society
- Geraldine Doogue’s Mary Mackillop Oration
- Robert Fitzgerald on responding to child sexual abuse
- The role of parishes in service to the community, by Bob Dixon
- The call of Laudato Si by Jacqui Remond
- The changing landscape of Catholic social services, by Denis Fitzgerald