Our member organisation, Good Samaritan Inn, provides short term, crisis accommodation and support, for women, children and young people experiencing family violence or homelessness.
Good Samaritan Inn is looking for dedicated volunteers to cook an evening meal for its guests during the week.
About the volunteering role
Cooking volunteers prepare and cook the evening meal for staff, volunteers and guests at the Inn. All equipment, ingredients and recipes are provided, and volunteers perform all aspects of their role on site. Cooking volunteers prepare meals from the menu developed by GSI and are asked to obtain a food safety certificate every 12 months. No formal cooking experience or qualifications are required
Volunteers are required to:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Complete a Police Check
- Hold or obtain a Working with Children’s Check
- Provide two references (one professional)
- Commit to volunteering at least once per month, for a minimum of 12 months
- Keep the service address and details confidential
For further information, or to register your interest, please email Kirsty Manning, Support Services Manager, or call 0421 820 970.